New scholarships are being funded by London Biggin Hill Airport, to enable three more young people (between the ages of 15 and 25) to learn to fly and ultimately qualify to the standard ofa full Private Pilots Licence (PPL).
The overall value of the training package is £10,000.
- 45 hours of flying
- Ground school
- Instructional books & equipment
- Skills test
- Landing & circuits
Guidance Notes for applicants for the 2018 Nick Davidson Memorial Flying Scholarship
Applications for the Nick Davidson Memorial Flying Scholarship 2018 close at 18.00 on Friday 17th November 2017. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Guidance for Applicants:
- Application is open to young men and women between the age of 15 and 25.
- The selected applicant will be highly motivated, having shown initiatives in seeking a career in aviation.
- The winner will need to be able to allocate sufficient time during 2018 to complete the 45-hour PPL course, the associated ground examinations and the final flying test.
- Ideally the applicant candidates will live in the local area – i.e. within a 15 mile radius of the airport. Travel costs are not included in the funding.
- Applicants will be expected to explain in a covering letter the particular reasons why they should be granted the scholarship and to provide a CV of career to date.
- Short-listed applicants will be required to undergo aptitude tests and a basic pre-medical exam to establish suitability for flight training and award of a PPL. Arrangements will be made for attendance at the airport for an interview with the appointed selection panel.
- Ideally applications should be made via email. Alternatively, they can be mailed to Melanie Courtney, PA Marketing Department, Biggin Hill Airport Ltd, Passenger Terminal, Biggin Hill Airport, Bromley TN16 3BH. Please mark the envelope ‘Nick Davidson Memorial Flying Scholarship 2018.
- Candidate enquiries to Captain Gary Merchant, Scholarship Administrator,
M: 07957 359139
- Closing time and date is 18.00 on Friday 17th November2017.