Photography Competition 2016
We want budding local photographers of all ages to send in images that best capture the character of Biggin Hill Airport and the village.
Winning entries will be exhibited in the Lookout Coffee Shop, and the winner will receive a flying lesson from Biggin Hill Airport. Four runners up will receive a framed print of their photograph and a free pass into the Festival of Flight 2017.
Send up to three entries to firstname.lastname@example.org, or Photo Competition 2016, Biggin Hill Airport, Main Road, Biggin Hill TN16 3BH by 26 August 2016. See a full list of terms and conditions below.
Terms & Conditions
- General access to the airport is restricted and we cannot allow visitors to enter the premises. The Festival of Flight 2016 is an opportunity to gain entry to the airport grounds and photograph the participating aircraft and the displays. If you do not wish to attend the festival, you may prefer to take photographs from other viewpoints around Biggin Hill. All such images will be considered equally.
- Entries should be sent to: Photography Competition 2016, Biggin Hill Airport, Biggin Hill, KENT, TN16 3BH or emailed to email@example.com. Please include your full name, address & contact telephone number in your application, and your date of birth if you are entering the under 15s category. Contact details will only be used for the purposes of administrating the competition.
- Entrants can submit up to three photos in colour or black and white. We will accept either prints or electronic images with the format and the overall clarity of the picture being taken into account at the judging process. Please include a statement of ownership and meta-data for electronic submissions (where available).
- Historic photographs will be accepted with a statement of ownership from the applicant.
- If you submit a hard copy print and would like it returned to you after the competition, please enclose a suitable stamped and addressed envelope. You may also be able to collect the submission from the airport after the competition ends (photo identification required).
- The competition is open to UK residents only, and we particularly welcome submissions from Biggin Hill residents. In the interests of fair play, employees of Biggin Hill Airport and their family members will not be allowed to enter.
- Entrants under the age of 12 years will need to include a letter of consent from a parent or guardian with their submission.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant. Please acknowledge ownership on the back of hard copies, and include metadata with electronic submissions. Any submissions found to be plagiarised will be discounted from the competition.
- No professional photographers! This counts as anyone who advertises (and profits from) their services. We will discount submissions found to be from professionals.
- In keeping with the spirit of the competition, we would like images to be as authentic as possible. While photographs may have a moderate degree of digital enhancement, excessive photoshopping will be taken into account. We cannot accept superimposed or composite images.
- Entrants are asked to submit the highest quality image they can. Pixelated images may be at a disadvantage if they cannot be enlarged and maintain their quality. Please do not watermark the image.
- If a photograph captures an individual or a residential property, the applicant is responsible to seek permission to use the images.
- We require letters of written consent from parents and guardians where images of children are used, or we will be unable to accept the entry.
- The Airport’s decision as to the eligibility of individual photographs is final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- While entrants will retain copyright of the photographs that they submit, in submitting them they grant Biggin Hill Airport the right to use the photographs (with accreditation).
- The decision of judging panel is final.
- The photographer’s pass into the Festival of Flight 2017 will be subject to full security checks and admission procedures.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the Airport reserves the right to award the prize to a runner up.
- These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- By entering, entrants agree to these terms.